Functional Test Engineer - Autonomous Driving
As Functional Test Engineer you will perform test analysis through analyzing and reviewing design specifications and creating manual/automated test cases. Based on that you will verify / validate functionalities which are parts of Volvo Autonomous Driving solution. You will do that by following all necessary steps in the Function/SW testing process including test preparation, test execution and test reporting.
Your main focus will be to:
• Analyze and review use cases, functional safety cases, design specifications and other documentation in order to create/update test cases. The automation scripts are to be implemented whenever possible.
• Based on the analysis above request and prepare proper test environment (test object, test equipment, simulation models, test data, etc.)
• Give the input based on analysis results to the design team
• Prepare necessary SW/HW upgrades for system under test (SUT) before execution
• Independently execute tests of Autonomous Driving functions in our test environments (trucks, rigs, simulation models, etc.)
• Report the results in a clear and traceable way through the internal tools and give retrospective inputs to the Product Owner.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the test effort and based on that propose and drive improvements to the test process
• A Master’s degree in Engineering (preferably Physics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics/Automation) or equivalent professional experience
• Previous experience as Verification/Test Engineer (6+ years) documented basic knowledge about electronics / embedded SW testing on system level
• Basic knowledge of the different automated methods for monitoring / steering a system under testing and logging the data
• Basic knowledge of the equipment for electronics System / component testing (CANoe, CANalyzer, others, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of test automation methods, simulation tools, virtual verification methods
• The traceability is a key word for quality securing of our methods and results so both planning and reporting in different tools is requested
• Experience from ADAS testing is a strong merit.
• Basic knowledge in agile SW development way of working including continuous integration / continuous delivery / continuous deployment chain, preferably SAFe 4.0 or higher
• ISTQB certification is a merit
• Excellent English, other languages considered to be a merit.
Personal profile/soft skills:
• Very structured: takes a logical and orderly approach to analyze problems, organize work and plan for actions
• Ability to work both independently and with multicultural teams
• Capability to prioritize between and act upon requests from many different stakeholders
• Ability to quickly grasp the main points of complex matter
• Quality focused mind-set
• Excellent communication skills
• Holistic approach